Thursday, May 6, 2010

Venus-Pluto and the power of money

Donna Cunningham writes a fascinating blog which is truly a showcase for her years of experience as a groundbreaking astrologer. Much of her work focuses on pluto, and as a result she does get quite in depth with things. Pluto often signifies power, transformation, sex, death, taxes...and other people's money.

I have a strong pluto element in my chart, and in hard aspect to my venus. (An opposition if you want to get technical, t-squaring mars, oh my!) One way this can manifest is power issues with money. This opposition lands right on the ends of my 2nd and 8th houses, and these being money houses ruled each by the other, it makes sense to me that I am pretty fascinated by our resources and the roles they play in our relationships. Usually I read about venus-pluto aspects, and all anyone can say is wow, that sucks, your love life is doomed! Donna Cunningham is one of the few people with a deeper understanding of this dynamic and its many possible manifestations. I mean, if your money is inextricably linked to your power, you would think there is a world of potential there, right? I certainly feel that way.

For a long time the flow of money in my life has felt blocked, and I am really making a big effort to understand and transform this pattern...and I just know that once I do I will have enormous financial potential. I just feel it! I am sure part of it stems from coming from a family prone to dramatic inheritance, all the while missing the boat on that bounty in any number of circumstantial ways. Often in my career I have felt thwarted by men in power controlling (and even squashing) my earning potential, either directly or in an institutionalized way. (The standard feminist rant, men are far more likely to make more money, get promoted, and much more quickly, etc.) Interestingly, my mars t-squaring these two is in cancer...which makes for an inherent battle of the sexes.

http://skywriter.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/the-unsuspected-role-of-the-8th-house-in-fiscal-fitness/

In any case, have a look at Donna Cunningham's article about the 8th house. (Ruled by pluto.) She makes an interesting comment about the similarities of trust fund babies, welfare mothers and women who marry rich, and their subsequent power struggles with their benefactors.

No comments:

Post a Comment