Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Introduction to my perspective

I'm interested in exploring the overlap of art, women's spirituality, creativity and transpersonal psychology. A few years ago I met a number of very bright scientists and economists who believed in astrology. I was so perplexed by this I set out to understand the system of thought behind it.

After much research, I have decided the psychological patterns are absolutely the most sophisticated system of personality description I have seen. The astrological perspective on social trends and cycles is intriguing. I'm too scientifically minded to commit entirely, and I do not presume to know if my personally convincing experience would stand up to scientific inquiry, though I suspect with properly designed experiments it just might.

In either case,this blog will explore my interpretations of what I observe through this lens.

I am also very interested in how we can focus our intentions and achieve our goals through visualization and creative ritual. Personally I find I resonate spiritually with the quest for the Divine Feminine, and am now pursuing this path more consciously and intentionally than during the early days of continuously drawing a striking violet haired woman! So much of my thought process now revolves around being in tune with the rhythms of the natural world (whether earth, stars, moon, social trends, whatever), and creating rituals and intentions around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment