Sunday, May 30, 2010

Electron Boy and the Carousel of Happiness: Delightful surprises with Uranus nearly conjunct Jupiter

I woke up this morning and resisted getting online immediately. I am trying to be more mindful and present in my actual life, and besides, waking up to bad news is not a good way to live. So imagine my delight when I finally got on facebook, and found two amazing stories!

First I saw this video article about the new Carousel of Happiness in the artsy mountain town of Nederland, Colorado. This man bought a hundred year old carousel frame and created over fifty elaborately carved and painted animals for it! Take a minute to watch the video, and revel in the creation of something so beautiful and whimsical. I can't wait to go ride it.  What a gift to bring to a community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azC_8h3jNB8


I didn't think it was possible to trump such a wonderful surprise, but the very next thing I saw was this article on Electron Boy, Seattle's newest superhero:

http://io9.com/5529877/childs-final-superheroic-wish-is-the-greatest-thing-youll-read-today/gallery/

Wow. An entire city (Seattle, of course) rallies to make this dying kid's wish come true. He wanted to be a superhero for a day, and oh my god, did they make it happen. Not in a 'here, have a light saber and fight the bad guy' kind of way. No, this kid got to save an entire city twice over, complete with a 20 policeman motorcade, shut down highways, a chance to save the city's football team from imprisonment and the whole city from an evil plot to cut the electricity, cheering crowds, and even local politicians declaring Electron Boy Day in his honor.  I mean, amidst the dismal news stories, to see something as miraculous and purely positive as this just gives one hope, you know?

I hope we milk the delightful surprises of Jupiter-Uranus for all they're worth. I hope we see more wonderful things initiated under the power of such positive energy. And while Uranus is at such a critical point having just moved into Aries, there is a lot of energy here for new ventures and self expression. Anytime Neptune stations, it is more powerful too and can really give you the inspiration to dream big. So what miracle would you like to initiate?

No comments:

Post a Comment